With the proliferation of online self-populated and published social and professional networks, blogs, etc., information about and access to executives is no longer a mysterious “black box”. The size and heft of an executive search firm’s internal “database” is not a compelling differentiator anymore.
The value of partnering with an executive recruiting advisor, especially in today's increasingly self-promotional culture, is to not only identify, engage, evaluate, and recruit passive and accomplished executives; but more importantly, to provide discerning judgment, keen perspective, and critical assessment. We do this effectively having executed numerous search engagements and possessing knowledge across diverse business, organizational, and industry operating cultures, challenges, and dynamics such as:
- Public vs. private companies
- Venture capital-financed vs. private equity-sponsored (LBO)
- Long vs. short cycle industry market dynamics
- Capital vs. intellectual property intensive business models
- Manufacturing vs. business services operating models
- Growth vs. turnaround